Mission & Faith Statements
Wilmington Christian School was established in 1946 to assist Christian families in nurturing their children in Body, Mind, and Spirit. This WCS Statement of Faith briefly outlines the theological basis of our philosophy and practices.
As a prerequisite for admission, WCS requires that at least one parent agrees with the seven articles below, and can express a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In addition, we expect families seeking enrollment at WCS to be regular in worship at a local church that upholds the evangelical tradition expressed in these seven articles. We require a parent to indicate their agreement with position by signing the Affirmation of Belief form.
Wilmington Christian School provides a Christ-centered challenging academic program with instruction based on the Biblical view of God and the world. WCS teaches, influences, and encourages each student to effectively integrate Biblical truth into his/her daily life and to impact the culture for Christ.
Statement of Faith
- We believe there is one sovereign God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (1Tim. 1:17)
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible,authoritative Word of God for faith and practice. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Heb. 1:1-3)
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, one must be saved by the ministry of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 16:31)
- We believe in the present indwelling ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose intercessory and sanctifying work continually renews the Christian and enables him to live a godly life in conformity with the Scripture. (John 14:15-17)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: the saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (1Cor. 15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ as evidenced in the local body of Christ, the church. (Heb.10:22-25)