Elementary School Library
The Elementary School Library has an extensive collection of over 8,000 titles that enrich the Elementary curriculum. Books, magazines, periodicals, encyclopedias, and reference books are available for student use. All Elementary classes are scheduled to visit the library each week in order to have the opportunity to check out books, learn to navigate effectively in the library, and develop a life-long love for reading.
Books may be checked out by students for one week. In order to teach responsibility, students who do not return library books in a timely manner will forfeit the privilege of borrowing another book. Until all books have been returned, the teacher and librarian reserve the right to reinstate borrowing privileges. Students will be notified by their librarian and teacher of books that have not been returned in a timely manner. At the end of each marking period, if library books have not been returned, report cards will be withheld. Parents will be notified of missing books through a letter from the Elementary Office prior to the end of the marking period. Lost books must be replaced by the student at the current replacement cost. These policies assist in the availability of library books for all students and in the development of good stewardship.
Parent volunteers are vital in the effective continuation of the library program. We are always in need of volunteers who will assist in the maintenance of our library. Volunteers catalog books, check for lost or overdue books, inform teachers and students of missing books, maintain the stacks neatly and in good order, provide general reference assistance if necessary, and provide general library maintenance. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer in the Elementary Library, please contact the office.
For more information, please refer to the Elementary Library Web site here.
Upper School Library
The upper school library has over 10,000 books, magazines, maps, encyclopedias, audio and video/DVD recordings available for student use. The library subscribes to 35 magazines, and back issues are available for three years. American Heritage and National Geographic are available from the past 50 years.
Classes can schedule time in the library, and students are welcome during their study halls, lunches, and after school until 3:15. Parents are invited to browse our Parent Resource Library and may check out books and tapes on a variety of topics.
Most books may be checked out for a three week period. Students are responsible to return books on time. A fine of 20 cents/day is assessed for late books due to the bookkeeping time involved in dealing with overdue books. Replacement cost must be paid if a book is over three months overdue.
The WCS library has several computers with internet access. Students may use these for school-related projects. There are also several computers with various software useful for research.
All WCS students should obtain a NCC library card.
- Fruit and Christmas Wreath Sale
Extended to November 18th
October 16, 2013 The Annual “Fruit for Fine Arts” fruit and wreath fundraiser sale will run from October 18th until November 18th. For students participating in band or choir, the more you sell, the more your trip will be funded! Anyone not going on the band and choir trip will be entered into a drawing for a $150.00 ...
- Travel with WCS to Spain Spring Break 2014 July 11, 2013 WCS will be traveling to Spain during spring break 2014. When: April 17-26, 2014 Where: Castilla and Andalusia Cost: $3,140 per student *Adults (age 20 and older) are also welcome to attend the trip. Adult Cost: $3,505 Visit our tour site at www.eftours.com/1255943SD Questions? Write to email@example.com
- Youth Basketball CampJuly 22-25th July 9, 2013 Back to Basics Basketball Skills Clinic Time To Hoop It Up! “Teaching the Fundamentals of Basketball” July 22, 23, 24 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. On WCS campus Registration Form
- Senior Summer Boot CampAugust 5th-8th June 6, 2013 Senior Summer Boot Camp August 5th-8th Review the “New Common Application” Complete the common application along with the other college applications Write your college essay Finalize your activity resume Take a full length SAT Summer Boot Camp Registration Form Senior Note: Individual senior conferences will start on September 17th …parents are welcomed!
- Save The Date2013 Annual Golf ClassicOctober 3rd June 5, 2013 Wilmington Christian School will be holding its annual Golf Classic on Thursday, October 3, 2013 at the Wyncote Golf Club in Oxford, Pennsylvania. If you are not a golfer and wish to participate in this event, there are a number of ways you can contribute. Donations such as monetary gifts, door prizes, auction items, and items ...
- Summer Reading, Supply Lists WCS 2013-2014, Calendar Uniform Sale Dates June 4, 2013 The following WCS link may be helpful in finding information regarding Summer Reading and Supply Lists for the 2013-14 school year. Academics For a WCS 2013-14 School Calendar Standard of Dress 2013-2014 Handbook Uniform Sale Days at WCS Flynn & O’Hara Uniforms will be having a trunk show on Wednesday, July 31st from 2:30pm to 5:30pm in the Auditorium Foyer. 2nd Chance ...
- CongratulationsWCS Student Senate! May 21, 2013 Wilmington Christian School hosted the Delaware Association of Student Councils Spring Awards Banquet. Among our guests were students and advisors from Caravel Academy, Poly Tech, Middletown, Milford and Indian River High Schools. There were over 100 students in attendance. During registration a continental breakfast was served while students had time to meet and greet. Lorraine ...
- Hymns To Our Heritage May 15, 2013 Over the past several months I have been sharing the “old hymns of the faith” each Wednesday at faculty devotions. It’s been a refreshing exercise to revive these wonderful songs and relive my childhood. Many of the hymns I selected were favorites of my grandmother, “Allansmom,” named after my favorite uncle. I thought of giving ...
- Employment Opportunities May 15, 2013 Wilmington Christian School has several employment opportunties. Current Employment Opportunities
- Enroll NowCamp Win-SomeSummer 2014 May 6, 2013 Camp Win-Some offers a great variety of activities for campers entering Kindergarten through 9th grade. Camp begins Monday, June 16th and ends on Friday, August 8th. Campers can choose to attend one week, several weeks or all eight weeks. Follow the link below for information about camp and registration. http://www.wilmingtonchristian.org/activities/camp-winsome/