Elementary School Library
The Elementary School Library has an extensive collection of over 8,000 titles that enrich the Elementary curriculum. Books, magazines, periodicals, encyclopedias, and reference books are available for student use. All Elementary classes are scheduled to visit the library each week in order to have the opportunity to check out books, learn to navigate effectively in the library, and develop a life-long love for reading.
Books may be checked out by students for one week. In order to teach responsibility, students who do not return library books in a timely manner will forfeit the privilege of borrowing another book. Until all books have been returned, the teacher and librarian reserve the right to reinstate borrowing privileges. Students will be notified by their librarian and teacher of books that have not been returned in a timely manner. At the end of each marking period, if library books have not been returned, report cards will be withheld. Parents will be notified of missing books through a letter from the Elementary Office prior to the end of the marking period. Lost books must be replaced by the student at the current replacement cost. These policies assist in the availability of library books for all students and in the development of good stewardship.
Parent volunteers are vital in the effective continuation of the library program. We are always in need of volunteers who will assist in the maintenance of our library. Volunteers catalog books, check for lost or overdue books, inform teachers and students of missing books, maintain the stacks neatly and in good order, provide general reference assistance if necessary, and provide general library maintenance. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer in the Elementary Library, please contact the office.
For more information, please refer to the Elementary Library Web site here.
Upper School Library
The upper school library has over 10,000 books, magazines, maps, encyclopedias, audio and video/DVD recordings available for student use. The library subscribes to 35 magazines, and back issues are available for three years. American Heritage and National Geographic are available from the past 50 years.
Classes can schedule time in the library, and students are welcome during their study halls, lunches, and after school until 3:15. Parents are invited to browse our Parent Resource Library and may check out books and tapes on a variety of topics.
Most books may be checked out for a three week period. Students are responsible to return books on time. A fine of 20 cents/day is assessed for late books due to the bookkeeping time involved in dealing with overdue books. Replacement cost must be paid if a book is over three months overdue.
The WCS library has several computers with internet access. Students may use these for school-related projects. There are also several computers with various software useful for research.
All WCS students should obtain a NCC library card.
- 2 HOUR DELAY January 4, 2018 Due to poor road conditions and freezing temperatures, WILMINGTON CHRISTIAN SCHOOL AND OFFICES will operate on a two-hour delay Tuesday, January 9, 2018. Morning care will open at 9am.
- WCS 2017 Concert Highlights December 18, 2017
- Early Dismissal Today December 15, 2017 Due to the approaching snow, we will be dismissing at 1 pm today, December 15th. All after school activities are canceled. Aftercare will be available for contracted/enrolled students, but, parents are encouraged to pick up their students as soon as possible.
- Warriors Athletic Highlights December 13, 2017 Warriors Athletic Highlights -First Edition/ December 2017
- WCS Christmas Chapel December 11, 2017 Alumni, parents, and friends of WCS, please join us for the annual All-School Christmas Chapel on Wednesday, December 20 at 1:15 pm. It will be a great time together as we celebrate Christ’s birth, and prepare our hearts for the Christmas season. Worship music will be led by the high school praise team. Alumni, please be ...
- Christmas Food Drive December 7, 2017 The Annual Christmas Food Drive is sponsored by the WCS High School Student Senate and supported by the elementary, middle and high school students, staff, families and friends. Food and money donations will be accepted until Tuesday, December 19th. Donations are being collected in the HS Foyer. The Christmas Food Drive delivery will be Tuesday, December 19th at ...
- All School Spirit Day December 7, 2017 Friday, December 15th, 2017 Wear your Warrior Wear and jeans to school and support our Middle School, JV, and Varsity Boys’ Basketball Teams. This is a free event, but $2 donations will be accepted for the Christmas Food Drive. The MS, JV, and Varsity Boys’ Basketball Teams will be wearing their jerseys (MS boys are to wear t-shirts ...
- Puerto Rico Over Spring Break 2018 December 7, 2017 There are still two weeks to give your child the gift of travel! WCS is exploring the ecology and culture of Puerto Rico over Spring Break 2018. This is a bargain trip with a shorter duration and lower costs than typical trips, and comes at a great time to benefit the economy of Puerto Rico, as ...
- WCS Basketball Clinic November 20, 2017 Kindergarten – 5th Grade This popular program led by WCS coaches, varsity players and special guests will focus on the game and sport fundamentals: Sportsmanship Exercise & Balance Rules of Basketball Ball Handling, Passing, and Shooting Offensive/Defensive Drills Managed Scrimmages All participants receive a T-shirt Program is open to boys and girls Location, Times and Dates Wilmington Christian School Grades K-3: 8:00-9:15am Grades 4th & 5th: 9:15-10:30am Dates: January 6, ...
- Wilmington Christian School Welcomes the Homeschool Community! November 1, 2017 Wilmington Christian School is pleased to offer classes for homeschool students from elementary through high school. Elementary students may participate in weekly classes in art and Spanish, while middle and high school students may choose from our full course offerings. Students also have the opportunities to participate in leadership, community service, and co-curricular activities. Please contact ...