Elementary School Library
The Elementary School Library has an extensive collection of over 8,000 titles that enrich the Elementary curriculum. Books, magazines, periodicals, encyclopedias, and reference books are available for student use. All Elementary classes are scheduled to visit the library each week in order to have the opportunity to check out books, learn to navigate effectively in the library, and develop a life-long love for reading.
Books may be checked out by students for one week. In order to teach responsibility, students who do not return library books in a timely manner will forfeit the privilege of borrowing another book. Until all books have been returned, the teacher and librarian reserve the right to reinstate borrowing privileges. Students will be notified by their librarian and teacher of books that have not been returned in a timely manner. At the end of each marking period, if library books have not been returned, report cards will be withheld. Parents will be notified of missing books through a letter from the Elementary Office prior to the end of the marking period. Lost books must be replaced by the student at the current replacement cost. These policies assist in the availability of library books for all students and in the development of good stewardship.
Parent volunteers are vital in the effective continuation of the library program. We are always in need of volunteers who will assist in the maintenance of our library. Volunteers catalog books, check for lost or overdue books, inform teachers and students of missing books, maintain the stacks neatly and in good order, provide general reference assistance if necessary, and provide general library maintenance. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer in the Elementary Library, please contact the office.
For more information, please refer to the Elementary Library Web site here.
Upper School Library
The upper school library has over 10,000 books, magazines, maps, encyclopedias, audio and video/DVD recordings available for student use. The library subscribes to 35 magazines, and back issues are available for three years. American Heritage and National Geographic are available from the past 50 years.
Classes can schedule time in the library, and students are welcome during their study halls, lunches, and after school until 3:15. Parents are invited to browse our Parent Resource Library and may check out books and tapes on a variety of topics.
Most books may be checked out for a three week period. Students are responsible to return books on time. A fine of 20 cents/day is assessed for late books due to the bookkeeping time involved in dealing with overdue books. Replacement cost must be paid if a book is over three months overdue.
The WCS library has several computers with internet access. Students may use these for school-related projects. There are also several computers with various software useful for research.
All WCS students should obtain a NCC library card.
- Student Leadership Conference DIAA-SODE November 18, 2016 More than 200 student-athletes from across Delaware attended the Student Leadership Conference DIAA – SODE (Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association and Special Olympics of Delaware). The goal of the event was to get more schools involved in unified sports. We thank these students for representing WCS.
- Short Term Hosting Opportunity – January 2017 November 18, 2016 Have you ever thought about hosting an international student? Have you thought about answering the call to bring the missions field to your home? We have a fabulous short term hosting opportunity in January! A group of 15 Korean students are going to be visiting our school from Thursday, January 5th through Wednesday, January 25th. They ...
- WCS Basketball Clinics November 16, 2016 WCS Instructional Basketball Program Kindergarten – 6th Grade Led by Chris Corbinao & Rachael Grimes, WCS coaches, varsity players and special guests, this program will focus on the game and sport fundamentals: Sportsmanship Exercise & Balance Rules of Basketball Ball Handling, Passing, and Shooting Offensive/Defensive Drills Managed Scrimmages *All participants receive a T-shirt *Program is opent to boys and girls Location, Times and Dates Wilmington Christian ...
- Join Us for a Parent Workshop October 28, 2016 Wilmington Christian School will be holding a parent workshop on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Learn how to send your kids to college without going broke. Full details here
- Fine Arts Annual Holiday Fruit Sale October 18, 2016 Help Us Reach Our Goal of 200 Boxes! Donate If You Don’t Like Fruit! The WCS Fine Arts Department has again partnered with Florida Indian River Groves to sell delicious, grove-fresh Florida citrus as our annual fundraiser. Your purchase of fruit helps to offset field trip costs for the Fine Arts student of your choice in art, ...
- Middle School Overnight Field Trips October 18, 2016 WCS hallways were a little quieter last week as the Middle School students participated in their overnight retreats. Our 6th grade descended upon Refreshing Mountain for team building in the woods and zip lining. Students in 7th Grade experienced some of the wonders of God’s natural world by foraging for edible plants, exploring the marine ...
- Chili Cook-Off Form 2016 September 22, 2016 chili-cook-off-form-2016
- UPDATED HOMECOMING SCHEDULE 2016 September 22, 2016 Activities September 30, & October 1 Friday, September 30 Homecoming Day Wear Homecoming T-Shirt & Jeans Alumni Chapel for MS/HS, Alumni of the Year Awarded 1:55pm WCS Warriors Games Varsity Field Hockey 8:00pm U of D, Rullo Field Tailgating at 6:30 U of D Parking Lot, Rullo Field Varsity Volleyball 4:00pm WCS campus JV Volleyball 5:30pm Saturday, October 1 WCS Warriors Games Boy’s Varsity Soccer 2:00 HS ...
- UPDATED HOMECOMING SCHEDULE 2016 September 22, 2016 Activities September 30, & October 1 Friday, September 30 Homecoming Day Wear Homecoming T-Shirt & Jeans Alumni Chapel for MS/HS, Alumni of the Year Awarded 1:55pm WCS Warriors Games Varsity Field Hockey 8:00pm, U of D, Rullo Field Tailgating at 6:30, U of D Parking Lot, Rullo Field Varsity Volleyball 4:00pm WCS campus JV Volleyball 5:30pm Saturday, October 1 WCS Warriors Games Boy’s ...
- Homecoming Tee Shirt Order Form 2016 September 15, 2016 homecoming-tee-shirt-order-form-2016