Wilmington Christian School has developed a comfortable and active Before and After School Care Program. With a well-trained staff, and a first class facility, our students enjoy the company of their friends in a less structured environment. Many activities are offered to the students of Extended Care throughout-out the school year, allowing your child a variety of programs in which to participate.
Director – Mrs. Cindy Tandy-Green
302-239-2121 Extension 3006
Messages are checked throughout the day
Classroom Management/Discipline Information and Procedures
It is our desire that all children of the Extended Care Program will enjoy a pleasant and harmonious environment. Conduct in Extended Care should be a reflection of Biblical principles in action. Children of the Extended Care Program are expected to:
- Exhibit good behavior and show respect for the supervising adults in both actions and words, by being courteous and obedient.
- Obey the instructions of the Extended Care staff.
- Show respect, consideration, and kindness to the other students following the Scriptural principles found in Matthew 22:37-39 and I John 4:7-8.
- Be courteous and cooperative to those around them.
- Properly care for the equipment of the Extended Care Program.
- Respect others’ personal items and others’ school work.
Discipline issues in Extended Care are under the supervision of the Extended Care Director in conjunction with the Principal of the appropriate division of Wilmington Christian School.
The Extended Care Program has adopted the following procedures in caring for your child when he/she becomes sick, or is injured, after school:
- The Extended Care Director will call the home or cell phone of the mother/father/guardian. If there is no answer…
- The Extended Care Director will call the place of employment of the mother/father/guardian. If there is no answer…
- The Extended Care Director will call the other telephone number(s) listed on the Emergency Card. If none of the above answer…
- The Extended Care Director will call an ambulance, if necessary, to transport the child to a local medical facility. Based upon the medical judgment of the attending physician, the child may be admitted to a local medical facility.
- The Extended Care Director will continue to call the parents,/guardians until one is reached.
Approximately one hour of supervised homework time is provided every day for students. During homework time students are expected to complete assignments. All students are afforded a quiet area to work with the opportunity for assistance from the members of the Extended Care staff.
Extended Care is available on school days in the morning between 7:00-7:45 a.m., and in the afternoon between 2:45-6:00 p.m. Late pick-ups are $1.00 per minute/per child after 6:00 p.m. Fees are as follows:
- Yearly After Care Fee for Five Days $1,525.00
- Yearly After Care Fee for Two Days $625.00
- Yearly Morning Care Fee $ 625.00
- Morning Daily Drop-In Fee $3.00
- Afternoon Daily Drop-In Fee $10.00*
*Please note that students not picked up from school by 3:15 p.m. will be taken to Extended Care where a fee ($10.00) will be assessed for their supervision.
Inclement Weather Cancellation
Should school be cancelled during the day, due to inclement weather, the Extended Care Program will also be closed for the evening. Your child should be picked up as soon as possible.
Please sign your child out each day. The sign out book is located with the Extended Care group and is typically in the Cafeteria or the Playground area. Due to after-school sports, activities, and general safety, we ask that you park in the parking spaces provided. Please do not leave your car running. Children will not be dismissed to the parking lot without a parent signing them out.
Personal items may be brought to Extended Care for student use. Items such as IPods, digital, and electronic games must be labeled and should remain in the child’s backpack until the designated time for electronic toys (5:00 p.m.). Wilmington Christian School is not responsible for items that are broken, lost, or stolen.
All students enjoy a time of play on our new playground behind the cafeteria (weather permitting). Students have the opportunity to relax or enjoy some fun and exercise with their classmates under the direction of the Extended Care staff. Please be sure to provide adequate outdoor clothing (such as gloves, scarves, hats, etc.), labeled with your child’s name. We do go outside even when it is cold. In the event of rain, we utilize the gymnasium for exercise. Additionally, your child will have the opportunity to enjoy some arts and crafts and/or play a board game with friends.
Snack time is scheduled each afternoon during the Extended Care Program. Your child should bring a snack on a daily basis since most students are hungry after school. A microwave is available for student use. Also, a vending machine will be available to students for light snacks. Most snacks cost $.50 to $1.00, and drinks are $1.00-$1.50.
Mrs. Cindy Tandy-Green is the Director of Extended Care. Mrs. Green and her qualified staff care for the needs of the students during the hours of Extended Care. Staff members supervise activity time, interact with the students during game time, and supervise and assist during homework time.