Incentive Programs & Tuition Assistance
Wilmington Christian School desires to help our families by offering different scholarships and incentives in order to afford a Christian education for all of their children. Listed below is an overview of our current programs. Students must be registered to attend full time.
Families with two or more students attending WCS receive a discount of $1,000 for the second student; $2,000 for the third student; $3,000 for the fourth and each additional student. Qualifying students must be enrolled full time in grades K – 12. No additional paperwork is required.
Wilmington Christian School endeavors to make available need-based financial aid (Tuition Assistance) to help meet its parents’ evolving needs by helping to fill the gap between the tuition fees and the family’s ability to pay those costs. It is WCS’s desire to provide tuition assistance to students in an effort to develop a student community that is representative of the cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity of our surrounding communities.
While the availability of school resources, the number of qualified applicants, and overall budgetary constraints influence tuition assistance decisions, Wilmington Christian School is committed to making grants available to as many eligible applicants as possible. In an effort to make the process fair to all, WCS considers the following when making award decisions:
- New students must submit an Application for Admission to WCS. Current students must not be in arrears for any obligations to WCS. Qualifying students must have applied for or be enrolled full time in grades K-12.
- The primary responsibility for financing a student’s education rests with the family.
- Both parents are expected to contribute to tuition. If a parent chooses not to work, WCS imputes an annual income for a non-working parent.
- In the case of divorce or separation, WCS requires both parents to file an application for tuition assistance. WCS is not bound by any divorce agreement specifying a parent’s responsibility for educational expenses.
- WCS believes a family should invest in their child’s education before elective expenses, for example, secondary home ownership, club memberships, and expensive car leases/purchases.
Wilmington Christian School uses an online system called FAST, powered by ISM (Independent School Management), to evaluate an applicant family’s need for financial assistance.
- Click on the FAST link below. It takes you to the actual online tuition assistance application. You will need to complete the entire application form and pay the $38.00 fee to FAST for your application to be processed by ISM and delivered electronically to WCS. There are instructions that you may download directly from the application site once you click the link. These instructions outline the information you will need to gather in order to complete the application as efficiently and accurately as possible. Once you have all of your materials, the application should take approximately 30-60 minutes to complete. As you are completing the online application, each field will provide you with the contact information you need if you have any questions. You may begin applying for tuition assistance after November 1st.
- Preliminary awards will be determined by Re-commitment time in January for current school families, and by February 1, 2014 for new families.
- You must provide all tax returns and forms requested by FAST for the 2013 year for your application to be considered by Wilmington Christian School.
- All preliminary awards are contingent upon two things: 1) FAST must receive your 2013 tax documentation and requested forms by February 28, 2014; 2) all requested documentation must support the information submitted on the application. WCS reserves the right to withdraw or change any award based on insufficient documentation.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR ACCOUNTANT EARLY.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT A 2013 TAX RETURN.
Mail your tax returns directly to FAST:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594*
*Please put “Wilmington Christian School” on the outside of the envelope under the return address! Pre-addressed FAST envelopes are available in the Business Office.
To be considered for tuition assistance for the 2014-15 school year, you must complete the online application by December 31, 2013 and send in your tax forms for the 2013 year to FAST by February 28, 2014. Although the funds in the tuition assistance budget will be limited after the preliminary awards, applications will be accepted until July 31, 2014.
- If you would like additional information about the tuition assistance process before applying, please contact Carol Allston-Stiles, Admissions, at 302-239-2121, extension 3205.
- If you have specific questions about the FAST form or how to turn your 2013 tax return and other forms around on time to FAST, please call Client Services at FAST: 302-656-4944.
Fulltime Ministerial Leadership Scholarship
To qualify, one parent must meet the requirement as set forth on the Application for Fulltime Ministerial Leadership Scholarship. Qualifying students must be enrolled full time in grades K – 12. Each school year, applicants must complete the Application for Fulltime Ministerial Leadership Scholarship.
Starting with the 2009 – 2010 school year, students earn a 1/2% discount each consecutive year of attendance in grades 1 through 8. That cumulative % discount (maximum of 4%) is then applied each year in grades 9 through 12. No additional paperwork is required.
- Johnny attends WCS from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Each year he attends WCS in grades 9 through 12 (without leaving) he will receive a 4% discount.
- Susie attends WCS from 6th through 8th grade. Each year she attends WCS in grades 9 through 12 (without leaving) she will receive a 1 1/2% discount.
- Aiden attends WCS from Kindergarten through 5th grade. He leaves WCS for 6th and returns for 7th and 8th grade. Each year he attends WCS in grades 9 through 12 (without leaving) he will receive a 1% discount (credit given only for 7th & 8th; no credit for K - 5th).
Some churches will help their members in paying for a Christian education. WCS will match that assistance up to $500/student each school year.
WCS parents become “Ambassadors” by inviting and encouraging “New Families” to enroll their children at WCS. The Ambassadors and the New Families are then eligible to receive a $500 Credit for each student.
It’s easy, here’s how it works:
- WCS Ambassador, please make sure your New Family lists you on the Application for Admission.
- New Family, please list your Ambassador in the space provided at the bottom of the Application for Admission for each student.
- Credits will be prorated for midyear enrollments/withdrawals.
- You may choose to assign your credit to another WCS family.
- Former WCS families and new students from current families are not eligible.
From time to time we will use marketing incentives, such as the Welcome Wagon Program, in order to attract new families to WCS.