The following immunizations are required for all students, entering school Kindergarten through 12th grade, in the State of Delaware. The State of Delaware defines a “school enterer” as follows: “any child between birth and twenty (20) years entering or being admitted to a Delaware school district for the first time, including but not limited to, foreign exchange students, immigrants, students from other states and children entering from non-public schools.” Wilmington Christian School complies with the following minimum requirements for entry into school.
Per state regulations, immunizations should be current and complete prior to the first day of school.
Immunization record must state the month/date/year for each immunization.
Kindergarten through 12th Grade
- DtaP, DTP or DT – 5 or more doses unless the 4th dose was given after the 4th birthday. A booster dose of Td or Tdap (adult) is recommended by the Division of Public Health for all students at age 11 or years after.
- OPV or IPV – 4 or more does unless the 3rd dose was given after the 4th birthday.
- MMR – 2 doses – the first dose should be administered on or after the age of 12 months. The second dose should be administered after the 4th birthday.
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses.
- Varicella – 2 doses of varicella vaccine and/or written proof of the disease is required for all children entering school during the 2008 – 2009 school year and beyond. The first dose shall be administered on or after the age of 12 months and the second at Kindergarten entry into school. One (1) dose of varicella vaccine and/or written proof of the disease is required for all children who entered the school during the 2003-2004 school year. A disease history for the Varicella vaccination must be verified by a health care provider to be exempted from the vaccination.
- Mantoux Tuberculin Skin Test or Pediatric TB Risk Assessment is required with results reported in the past 12 months. The School Nurse is able to complete the Risk Assessment.
- Evidence of Lead Blood Test – Documentation for children age 5 or younger.
If proof of full immunization requirements is not available, the following minimum immunizations are conditionally acceptable
- One dose of DtaP, DTP, or DT; and
- One dose of IPV or OPV; and
- One dose of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine; and
- The first dose of the Hepatitis B series; and
- One dose of Varicella vaccine as per above
Pre-School Immunization (under 5 years of age)
- DTaP, DTP or DT – 4 doses
- OPV or IPV – 3 doses
- MMR – 1 dose
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses.
- Varicella – 1 dose
- Mantoux TB Skin Test or Pediatric TB Risk Assessment with results reported within the last 12 months
- Evidence of Lead Blood Test – Documentation for children age 5 or younger
Exemption from Immunization